Collapsed ceiling from water damage
Vacations are meant to be fun, carefree, mind clearing experiences but for one family their vacation was cut short when a water line on the second floor busted.
A neighbor spotted water flowing out of the upstairs windows and the front door when they went to check on the house for them. After the neighbor called the homeowners we got a call minutes later and arrived on scene within the hour.
When we arrived on scene we walked through the house with the neighbor and video called the homeowner to show them the damage that had been done. After seeing the damage the homeowner wanted us to get to work, we emailed the paperwork and got started.
After demo of almost the entire house we got to work drying and mitigating. The house looked like Dexter's labratory when we were down.
After drying and mitigation was done the rebuild process began to get the homeowners back on their feet. After the job was done correctly and efficiently the homeowner thanked us for our work and got back on their feet.
As a industry leader SERVPRO of Northeast Mecklenburg County has a lot of specialized equipment, training, and tricks up our sleeve to be able to help you in any sized disaster. One of the biggest tools we use for water damage is a FLIR. This thermal imaging shows a differentiation in heat and will easily be able to point out to use any hidden water damage you may not be able to see to the naked eye. When you want to find exactly where the water ran and ensure the home is being inspected thoroughly, especially high reach areas, Thermal Imaging is utilized. Combine that tool, with SERVPRO System knowledge and we will help you take control back and provide the right foundation to repair your home, office, or commercial space
Are your ducts as clean as you think?
Sweeping Away Years of Dust and Dirt - Helping Reduce Potential for Damage and Health Risk
Since the ventilation system is often the biggest culprit in poor indoor air quality, inspecting the ductwork should be a high priority. In most cases, the HVAC system has been operating for some time without much attention. Dirty ducts can circulate odors, contaminants such as mold and irritating dust throughout your building or home. A routine part of SERVPRO of Northeast Mecklenburg County professional's service is inspecting the heating, ventilation and air conditioning until (HVAC). Keeping the HVAC system and ductwork clean can potentially extend the life span of the equipment by allowing it to operate at peak condition, which may save you money.
Duct Cleaning May Not Always Be Necessary
Our professionals will inspect your HVAC system and ductwork and make recommendations about the best way to address any indoor air quality concerns. This inspection can save you money and provide peace of mind on the health of your HVAC system and ductwork. In some circumstances, such as after fire, smoke or suspected mold growth, duct cleaning becomes an essential part of the clean up process. In these cases our professionals can often restore the HVAC system and ductwork to pre-damage condition.
The original call was for periodic odor. Upon further review and inspection of the crawl space the source was discovered. When the floor vent duct is being used as a private toy storage box, the onset of problems is predictable. We cleaned the duct system and fixed the ductwork, we even cleaned a few toys in the process.
It Is Never A Bad Idea To Double Check Your System
Schedule a duct cleaning with us in preparation of the holiday season and making sure your home is SERVPRO clean!
Emergency Ready Plan
Are You Prepared In Case of A Loss Event ?
Does your commercial property have a emergency ready plan in case of a loss event?
SERVPRO of Northeast Mecklenburg County can help you set up a plan. SERVPRO has a completely free program called Emergency Ready Plan (ERP).
How Does ERP Work?
If you wanted an ERP completed on your commercial property we would send out one of our sales representatives to walk the property with the owner or property manager (someone who knows the property very well). Our sales representative will document the building with photos and making notes of square footage, water shut off, and other information for our technicians to know where everything is and how to operate efficiently as soon as possible. After the ERP has been completed we can either give you a folder that has all the information or we can digitally share a folder so in case you are not on the property someone in the office can be ready.
How Effective Is The ERP?
The ERP plays a crucial role in kick starting the process of getting you and your business back in safe operation as soon as possible. Our technicians will have all the information they need on the building before arriving and they will be able to jump into action much quicker than having to show up to your business and having to observe the area and the loss together.
SERVPRO of Northeast Mecklenburg County is ready to face any sized disaster that you may face. We are a 24 hour emergency service company that is always ready to give a helping hand.
During these uncertain times SERVPRO of Northeast Mecklenburg County has stayed open and operational during these trying times and have been working diligently to keep providing our wonderful community a clean and safe environment.
SERVPRO of Northeast Mecklenburg County works strictly with the CDC guidelines to make sure we properly clean and disinfect your home or office correctly.
Our franchise and the company as a whole will treat your family or business like its our own, you will get the top notch customer service and work completed in a timely manner and done correctly. We are here for you 24/7 and will always be there to make any sized disaster "Like it never even happened."
We Are Here For You
During these uncertain times if your home or business has been damaged to vandalism SERVPRO of Northeast Mecklenburg is here to help!
Service Response Guidelines
- Within one hour from notice of loss, one of our SERVPRO professionals will contact you to arrange service.
- Within four hours of loss notification, one of our SERVPRO professionals will be on site.
- Within eight business hours of on site arrival, a verbal briefing of the scope will be communicated to the appropriate person.
Vandalism Damage Do's and Don'ts
- Hose or wash egg or other residue damage from building exterior as soon as possible
- Carefully vacuum glass particles from carpets and upholstery
- Save containers revealing the ingredients of products used in vandalism damage.
- Record all damage and photograph when possible.
- Attempt to remove ink, paint, or cosmetic stains.
- Operate damage lamps or appliances.
- Discard broken or damaged pieces from porcelain, furniture or other contents that may be used for repair.
Post Construction Cleanup
At SERVPRO of Northeast Mecklenburg County we help ensure your finished projects always look their best!
Post Construction Cleaning
Once the floors are down and the drywall is up, its time to remove the debris and the dirt in order to lay the carpet, paint, decorate. Here at SERVPRO of Northeast Mecklenburg we can provide the debris removal services to prepare the building for interior design.
Dehumidification and Drying
During the construction phase, a building can trap moisture. Excessive moisture could result in mold growth. If you think one of your projects may have a moisture you can rely on our professionally trained team to provide the help you need eliminating moisture and preventing the potential for mold growth.
You want the facility to look its best when the doors open. SERVPRO of Northeast Mecklenburg canprovide cleaning services to give the building that extra shine.
- Carpet, resilient and non-resilient floor prep and finish
- Ceiling, walls and fixture cleaning
- Debris removal (if necessary)
- Window Cleaning
When there is a water intrusion, like a roof leak or leaking water line, mold can quickly become a problem in your home or business. Mold can cause health effects and can also cause significant damage to your property. Fortunately SERVPRO of Northeast Mecklenburg County professionals have the training, protective gear, and specialized equipment necessary to handle your mold problem.
Call the Green Team
The mold cleanup and restoration process begins when you call us. A representative will ask a series of questions to help determine the necessary equipment, resources, and personnel needed.
Inspection and Damage Assessment
Your property will be carefully inspected for signs of mold using technology designed to detect mold and hidden water sources. Mold feeds on cellulose and water and can be hidden from plain view.
Various containment procedures will be placed to prevent the spread of mold and isolate the contaminated area with physical barriers and negative air pressure to keep the mold spores from spreading during the cleanup process.
Specialized filtration equipment captures microscopic mold spores out of the air. Our technicians utilize powerful air scrubbers and HEPA vacuums to prevent the spread of these mold spores while the mold remediation is in process.
Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
The mold remediation process depends on the amount of mold growth and the types of surfaces on which the mold appears. Antifungal and antimicrobial treatments will be used to eliminate mold colonies and help prevent new colonies from forming. Removing and disposing of the mold-infected porous materials, like drywall and flooring, may be necessary to remediate heavy mold growth.
Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Our professionally trained team will clean your furniture, decorative items, curtains, and other restorable items affected by mold. We use a variety of cleaning techniques to clean and sanitize your belongings. We are also trained to remove odors and deodorize using fogging equipment.
Depending on the level of mold damage, drywall, subfloors, and other building materials may be removed. Restoration may involve minor repairs, such as replacing drywall, painting, and installing new carpet; or it may entail major repairs such as the reconstruction of various areas or rooms in a home or business.
Putting out your fire until help arrives
If your Charlotte home is impacted by a fire, smoke, or soot here are some tips and do's and don'ts until help arrives...
The first 48 hours after a fire damage can make the difference between restoring versus replacing your property and personal belongings.
What you can do until help arrives
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from spreading and additional damage form occurring.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs and high traffic areas and upholstery.
- Coat chrome faucets, trim and appliances with petroleum jelly or oil.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpet.
- Do not wash any walls or painted surfaces.
- Do not shampoo carpet or upholstery.
- Do not clean any electrical equipment.
- Do not send clothing to a dry cleaner since improper cleaning may set smoke odor.
- Keep hands clean. Soot on hands can further soil upholstery, walls, and woodwork.
- If electricity is off, empty freezer and refrigerator completely and prop doors open to help prevent odor.
- If heat is off during winter, pour RV antifreeze in sinks, toilet bowls, holding tanks and tubs to avoid freezing pipes and fixtures.
- Wash both sides of leaves on house plants.
- Change HVAC filter, but leave system off until a trained professional can check the system.
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers to stop particles of soot from getting in or out of the HVAC system.
- Consume any food or beverages that may have been stored close to fire, heat or water. (They may be contaminated.)
- Turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet. Wiring may be wet or damaged and cause electrical shock, and air movement may create secondary damage.
Clean Homes Sell Faster
SERVPRO has been the industries leader when it comes to cleaning. At SERVPRO of Northeast Mecklenburg County we take pride in every cleaning job!
Get it clean - Get is sold
Duct and HVAC cleanings are not usually the first thing to come to someones mind when selling a house, if not properly cleaned dirty ducts can circulate odors and contaminants like mold or dust throughout the house.
Our highly trained technicians are prepared to get your ducts in tip top shape and getting your house or rental property smelling good as new.
Old Paths - New Roads
Carpets take a lot of wear and tear while giving comfort to our feet. If you have to get them to showroom quality we can do that. Our top notch equipment and highly trained technicians are ready and prepared to get your carpet showroom ready with our cleaning services.
Control Moisture - Reduce Mold
Prior to listing a property, the following steps can be taken to reduce the potential for moisture buildup or mold growth. Should a damage event occur, timely response is the key to preventing further damage. Act within the first 24 to 48 hours.
- Correct any water leaks or standing water
- Remove standing water under cooling coils or air handling units
- Properly maintain humidifiers, if used
- Replace wet or visibly moldy insulation materials
- Steam cleaning and other methods involving moisture should not be used on any kind of duct work
- Install a ventilation system
Other services we can other to get your house showroom ready are...
- Upholstery, drapery, and blind cleaning
- Ceiling, wall and hard floor cleaning