Archived Blog Posts
We Get Our Hands Dirty So You Don't Have To
SERVPRO of Northeast Mecklenburg County offers Biohazard services some franchises do not. We offer a wide variety of clean up services, some are...
Our Franchise Professionals can properly remove and dispose of bodily fluids, tissue and other potentially pathogenic substances resulting from accidents, trauma, crime or death. Our technicians thoroughly clean, disinfect and deodorize the structure.
Our franchise professionals follow federal and state guidelines to properly clean all surfaces. Many of the chemicals used in the production of illegal drugs such as methamphetamine are volatile and can leave harmful residues throughout a structure.
Crime Scene Residues
From fingerprint powder and evidence-gathering chemicals to tear gas and pepper spray residues, our highly trained professionals can clean and restore your property and contents.
Sewage backups and black water intrusions are more than nasty, smelly deposits - these damages also introduce harmful microorganisms into a structure. Our highly talented team members can remove the sewage, contaminants and moisture, disinfecting as they clean. We help ensure the structure is properly cleaned, disinfected and deodorized.
Arson and Vandalism
We can provide general cleaning and deodorization services for situations resulting from vandalism including graffiti, egg, spoiled foods and human or animal waste.
Vandalism Damage Do's and Don'ts
- Hose or wash egg or other residue damage from building exterior as soon as possible.
- Carefully vacuum glass particles from carpets and upholstery.
- Save containers revealing the ingredients of products used in vandalism damage.
- Record all damage and photograph when possible.
- Attempt to remove ink, paint or cosmetic stains.
- Operate damaged lamps or appliances.
- Discard broken or damaged pieces from porcelain, furniture or other contents that may be used for repair.
Water Damage Takes No Days Off
Our water certified technicians are ready to step into action as soon as water damage hits your home.
There are two water damage sources...
- Clean water
- Contaminated water
Water Damage For Clean Water
- Shut off the source of water if possible or contact a qualified party to stop the water source.
- Turn off the circuit breakers for wet areas of the building, when access to the power distribution panel is safe from electrical shock.
- Remove as much excess water as possible by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removing lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop up wet upholstery cushions for even drying.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Remove to a safe, dry place nay paintings, art objects, computers, documents and other materials that are valuable or sensitive to moisture.
- Use wooden clothespins to keep furniture skirting off damp floors.
- Hang draperies with coated hangers to avoid contact with wet carpeting or floors.
- Hang furs and leather goods to dry separately at room temperature.
- Enter rooms with standing water where electrical shock hazards may exist.
- Enter affected areas if electrical outlets, switches, circuit breakers or electrical equipment are exposed to water. Always avoid electrical shock hazards.
- Leave books, newspapers, magazines or other colored items on wet carpets or floors to cause staining.
- Leave oriental rugs or other colored rugs on wet wall-to-wall carpets to cause staining.
- Use your household vacuum cleaner to remove water, possibly causing electrical shock or damage to the vacuum cleaner.
- Use TV's or other appliances while standing on wet carpets or floors, especially not on wet concrete floors.
- Turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet or enter rooms where ceilings are sagging from retained water.
Water Damage From Contaminated Water
- Avoid all contact with sewage and items contaminated by sewage.
- Wash your hands thoroughly after contact with contaminated items.
- Spread contaminated water by walking unnecessarily on damaged or wet areas.
- Turn on the HVAC system if there is a possibility of spreading contaminated air.
- Use household fans to dry the structure and spread contaminated air.
- Use products for personal hygiene and cleanliness if exposed to the contaminated areas.
A stray Bullet can tell a story
A Stray Bullet could be critical evidence
A stray Bullet can sometimes tell the story of a event. During one of our bio-hazard/crime scene cleanups we stumbled upon a stray bullet. The stray bullet was safeguarded and turned over to the authorities for their investigation. SERVPRO of Northeast Mecklenburg County is proud to offer such a detailed forensic clean up service.
Commercial Water Damage
A water intrusion had flooded this commercial space
Just because you leave your commercial space at 5 does not mean everything is put on hold. Water never sleeps so when a pipe bust, roof leak, or any water intrusion strikes your business you need a team that will be there! At SERVPRO of Northeast Mecklenburg County our team of highly trained water certified technicians will be there to get your business space back to grand opening conditions. With our state of the art, industry leading equipment and training our team will be there in no time to get you back on your feet and ready to reopen. It will be "Like it never even happened."
Trauma Crime Scene Cleanup
Trauma Crime Scene Cleanup
SERVPRO of Northeast Mecklenburg County professionals offer fast, reliable biohazard and crime scene cleanup and restoration services to residential and commercial property owners. Our team are trained to safely and effectively remove biohazardous substances and prepare waste for proper disposal according to OSHA, EPA, and state and local health regulations. Equipped with the necessary safety equipment and cleaning products, SERVPRO of Northeast Mecklenburg County is here to help turn unsafe enviornments into clean, safe homes and offices.
We Can Help With:
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Methamphetamine labs
- Crime scene residues
- Sewage Backup
- Black water intrusions
- Mold mitigation and remediation
Due to the graphic nature of this service we have respectfully not depicted job specific pictures.
Special Conditions Cleanup
When you need clean up and patience
When you need to get the home back to being a home with rooms to unwind within, sometimes you need to call SERVPRO for some extra hands and allow us to help. This Den was full of items, old and new contents, and yes some trash. SERVPRO of Northeast Mecklenburg County was called in to help remove the items, and clean the home.
Farewell to Smoke and Nicotine
Nicotine and Smoke Odor
A home being sold had one room in which the owners smoked. This was the garage. The picture shows one step in the removal process. SERVPRO of Northeast Mecklenburg County was called in to remove the nicotine and smoke staining. At the end of the cleaning process the garage was odor free, and it looked "Like it never even happened."
Flood Waters can come at anytime.
Flash Flooding from severe downpours
A heavy steady downpour can create flash flooding and severe flooding in low lying and ground slope challenged areas. This picture shows water slowly receding and the high water lines to a garage and finished basement of a condo. It is the water in the walls, outlets , and other structural components that needs to be addressed in a timely manner to prevent secondary damages and mold growth. SERVPRO of Northeast Mecklenburg County can help escort Mother Nature and her residue out of your home and provide a safe and clean home to return to.
Where did all the water go?
The water you don't see can be a major problem
Water damages happen, how you address them can prevent mold from having an advantage in your home. We are here to help, and prevent this type of discovery from being an issue in your home. It is the water you do not see that we will locate and remove from your home.
Limiting Mold Growth
"Moisture control is the key to mold control. When water leaks or spills occur indoors-act promptly... A prompt response (within 24-48 hours) and thorough clean-up, drying, and/or removal of water damaged materials will prevent or limit mold growth."*
*Quoted from OSHA - A Brief Guide to Mold in the Workplace, Safety and health Information Bulletin 03-10-10.
SERVPRO of Northeast Mecklenburg County was called out to a home that had a leaky washing machine, the homeowners paid no attention to the leaks and only laid a towel down when water would be present. After awhile the homeowners smelled a ripe smell from the laundry room, our team came out to fine the baseboards and wall behind the machine was wet and had mold growth. Our highly trained team got the lovely family back to a safe and clean environment in no time!
How do you know it's clean and safe?
Biohazards come in many varieties. Some are obvious and are the result of crime, and some are a result of a lifestyle you read about or may observe on television. Biohazards can be as small as stained blood on your carpets that just wont come out with typical cleaning to disposing human fluid soaked mattress and even pet fluid things. The spectrum is very open but SERVPRO of Northeast Mecklenburg County is ready to tackle any sized Biohazard you may encounter!
We Will Be There For You
No matter what your biohazard clean up needs are SERVPRO of Northeast Mecklenburg County will respond to you in a timely manner and get you back to previous damage condition as soon as possible.
While pictures are taken to depict our on site findings, they are often graphic and not suitable for posting. Biohazard cleanup is not to be taken lightly and should include post cleaning testing to ensure a safe home, office, or work environment. With the knowledge and equipment to help restore you to a safe condition.
Fire and Smoke Damage
Smoke and Fire events happen, we can help you take control, and get your home back, making it "Like it never even happened."
Fires can cause more damage than people think. Water damage, smoke, and odor are other things that people do not think of right away.
Fire and Smoke
Fires cause a lot of damage in a short amount of time and luckily for you we know exactly what has to be done to bring your home back to preloss conditions and get your life back on track.
When we first arrive on scene we will have to do a careful walk through to assess the damages and check for safety concerns to make sure our technicians will not be put in harm's way while completing the work.
Smoke damage is something we can handle when it comes to cleaning savable items, it's a very tedious process but we are more than happy to do that work if it means we can save something of value to you and the item has not been damaged by the fire.
One thing people do not think about right away is water damage, when the fire department or fire sprinklers go off water is flooded into the area and your walls, floors, carpets, etc will soak that water up or there will be standing water. We are able to help dry out the area and get rid of water affected areas that cannot be saved or dried, if that is not taken care of in a certain amount of time mold can begin to grow and that would open up another can of worms a homeowner would not want to deal with after having to deal with a fire.
Do you have a Mold Problem in your Charlotte, NC Home?
This home owner had a water leak which quickly changed conditions in their garage. This picture shows the growth impacting the structure and contents
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 50 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
Service Response Guidelines
- Within one hour from notice of loss, one of our SERVPRO professionals will contact you to arrange for services.
- Within four hours of loss notification, one of our SERVPRO professionals will be on-site to start mitigation services.
-Within eight business hours of on-site arrival, a verbal briefing of the scope will be communicated to the appropriate person.
If You See or smell Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – 704-547-6200