Where did all the water go?
The water you don't see can be a major problem
Water damages happen, how you address them can prevent mold from having an advantage in your home. We are here to help, and prevent this type of discovery from being an issue in your home. It is the water you do not see that we will locate and remove from your home.
In this instance SERVPRO of Northeast Mecklenburg County was called in to provide service and return this home to having a healthy environment to live in.
Do you have a Mold Problem in your Charlotte, NC Home?
This home owner had a water leak which quickly changed conditions in their garage. This picture shows the growth impacting the structure and contents
Microscopic mold spores naturally occur almost everywhere, both outdoors and indoors. This makes it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Therefore, mold remediation reduces the mold spore count back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 50 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – 704-547-6200